“Worship of the living and true God is essentially an engagement with him on the terms that he proposes and in the way that he alone makes possible.” – David Peterson
We want The Woodlands First to be a place where people can experience God in authentic, vibrant worship. We believe that everyone has a musical “heart language,” and so we offer worship services that give people an opportunity to express their worship in a way that is most meaningful to them. Our traditional service begins at 9:30 am led by our Celebration Choir and Orchestra. Our modern service begins at 10:50 am and is led by our worship band.
First Worship Involvement/Auditions
First Worship (Contemporary Service Band)
How To Get Involved:
1. Send in a Video –
Submit a video (phone quality is fine) of you playing your instrument and or singing. You are free to choose any appropriate song you are comfortable with. Send your video to email@example.com
2. Wait for a Response-
We respond to every audition video sent in to us as soon as we can, so please be patient and await our response.
3. Read the feedback you receive with an open mind and heart, and with thick skin. We will be honest with you about your audition that’s our promise to you. So please have grace when there are areas to work on that are highlighted from your audition.
4. Keep Learning and Work Hard at Your Craft-
We will let you know what role you will be filling as a part of the team at The Woodlands First. For some this may not entail playing or singing on stage, but we will work hard to help you find the best fit for your giftings within the ministries of The Woodlands First.
- Meets on Wednesdays at 7:00 pm throughout the year in the Choir Suite in the Worship Center
- No audition required, but a heart for worship is needed
- Celebration Choir sings at the 9:30 am worship service each Sunday
- Meets on Sunday mornings at 8:30 am in the Worship Center
- Celebration Orchestra plays at the 9:30 am worship service each Sunday
- Age 4 by September 1 or in Kindergarten
- Meet in the Atrium, Bldg. D
- 6:30-7:30 pm on Wednesdays
first gen choir
- Meets on Wednesdays from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm in the Choir Suite in the Worship Center *They do not meet in the Summer
- Open to all people 55+
- No audition required