The Preschool and Kids’ Ministry is excited to open for Bible Study (all ages) and Kids Worship/2nd hour care (birth-2nd grade) beginning THIS Sunday, September 20. Below you will find a link to register your children. In order to provide as safe an experience as possible, we will be temporarily limiting the capacity in our classrooms to give young children as much space to spread out as possible. EACH WEEK you will need to register your child for their spot, and the link for registration is below. We will currently be operating at approximately 75% capacity, and when spots are gone for the week they are gone. We do not anticipate walk up spots being available at this time, but if you do not pre-register your child, you can stop by the Building D lobby to see if any spots in your child’s age/grade remain.
Here are a few things you need to know:
- You MUST pre-register your child for a spot EACH week for the immediate future to ensure that we do not have overcrowding in classrooms.
- Beginning this Sunday you will enter the building through the MAIN LOBBY in building D. Doors will open at 9:15 for check in.
- Your reservation is for two hours (Birth-2nd grade) and the 9:30 hour only for 3rd-6th grade so that they can attend worship with you.
- Individually wrapped snacks will be served in Preschool only. Bottles and sippy cups are not allowed after the age of 2.
- We are asking that only one parent come in the building to manage drop off and pick up in order to limit the number of people in our building. Please exit the lobby promptly to avoid lingering in shared spaces.
- At 10:40, ALL 3rd-6th graders will be dismissed to meet you in the Great Hall/Worship Center. 3rd and 4th graders will be walked to the Great Hall doors entrance by their teachers. Please talk with your child in advance about your family’s designated meet up area. Because kids are changing buildings you will need to provide WRITTEN PERMISSION for your child to be walked to the Great Hall by a teacher (3rd/4th grade) or dismissed from class (5th/6th grade). A link to print out this form is below, and we will have copies available on Sunday morning. Kids without a pick up slip on file will need to be picked up in the Loft by a parent with a pick up tag NO LATER than 10:45am.
- ALL staff and teachers will be wearing face coverings in classrooms and common areas. Because we cannot ensure social distancing in classrooms, we are asking ALL children in Kinder-6th grade to wear a face covering while in the building.
- We will discontinue temperature checks for the time being. Just as you are asked to do for school, please check your child for fever or symptoms of illness before bringing them to church. If your child has a fever or symptoms of illness, please keep them home. If your family is under a 14 day quarantine for Covid exposure, or if a member of your family has a test for Covid awaiting results, please do not bring your child to church.
9.Did you know? One way to create more capacity in kids’ ministry is by having all classrooms adequately staffed for the Bible Study hour. We currently are in need of teachers in Preschool 3-2nd grade as well as 4th grade. Our teachers serve every other week so that they can make a lasting difference in the life of a child and also maintain strong relationships with their adult small group. If you would like more information about serving, please reach out to Jennifer@thewoodlandsfirst.org (PreK) or Kimberly@thewoodlandsfirst.org (Elementary)
Thank you so much. We are looking forward to a great week!!
Kimberly Texidor-Kids’ Pastor
Jennifer Seely-Preschool Minister
Babies/Infants (0-12 months https://fbcotwtx.infellowship.com/Forms/445960
Toddlers (13-23 months) https://fbcotwtx.infellowship.com/Forms/445953
Two Year Olds https://fbcotwtx.infellowship.com/Forms/445951
Three Year Olds https://fbcotwtx.infellowship.com/Forms/445974
Four Year Olds https://fbcotwtx.infellowship.com/Forms/445957
5th/6th Grade (Rock Solid) https://fbcotwtx.infellowship.com/Forms/445963
Welcome to The Woodlands First Baptist Church! We have opportunities for children of all ages every Sunday morning! Our preschool ministry is ready to give quality care and teaching to babies through pre-k children during both the 9:30 and 10:50 hour. For elementary students (grades K through 6) we have small group Bible Study at the 9:30 hour. For Kinder – 2nd, we have large group Kids’ Worship during the 10:50 hour. 3rd-6th graders worship with their families in the contemporary worship service at 10:50. We also have a special needs ministry for elementary kids that can provide a self-contained classroom or a shadow for a more inclusive experience for kids. Please contact our office for details.
We offer a variety of opportunities for preschoolers, children and preteens throughout the month. Join us on Wednesday nights for Preschool Choir, Kids’ Choir and Kids’ Bible Drill, and check out our once-a-month Kids Night Out (aka parent date night). Our summer calendar has tons of ways for kids to have fun and make friends while school is out! We look forward to ministering to your family and helping you to get connected with our church! Please feel free to reach out to our staff. We look forward to meeting you!