Who We Are
First Kids Academy, a ministry of The Woodlands First Baptist, exists to provide parents with an assurance that their child will be loved, cared for, and educated in a safe, Christ-like environment. We work to develop the social-emotional, gross motor skills, and academic needs of our students. With play based learning, our kids grow in multiple areas while having fun! At First Kids Academy we operate with our four core values in mind: to be Christ-centered, to offer quality care and trust, to inspire life-long learning and build solid relationships.
First Kids Academy admits students of any race, color national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies or school administered programs.
Early Childhood Minister/Director: Valerie Boldt
Valerie has a bachelor’s degree in education and a master’s degree in educational leadership. Valerie has worked in education for her entire career, previously served as a teacher and leader in Klein ISD. She has a passion for learning, students, and leading. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Assistant Director of Business and Administration: Callie Wolf
Callie has worked at FKA as a classroom aide, a lead teacher, and now serves the school as the Assistant Director. Her years of experience at FKA, and the fact that her children have attended here as well, provides her a wealth of knowledge concerning the “history” of First Kids Academy and the many state specifications required for operating a child-care center. (email@example.com)
Assistant Director of Curriculum and Instruction: Katlyn Weier
We currently use the Frogstreet curriculum. Frogstreet is a comprehensive, research based curriculum with both math and literacy domains. Our teachers are trained on the curriculum from babies to pre-k. Additionally, we use Groups Play-n-Worship curriculum to teach the Bible to our students on a daily basis. For more information about our curriculum, please e-mail Katlyn Weier at Katlyn@thewoodlandsfirst.org.
Want to know more about our Frogstreet Curriculum, watch this video.
Want to know more about our Play-n-Worship curriculum, go to this website.
First Kids Academy runs two types of programs; it is both a quality, Christian childcare center (year-round, full-time care) and a Christian preschool (part-time, school year only). FKA accepts children from six weeks old through five years old. Children are placed in classes according to their age on September 1st.
- FKA is open from 7:00 AM until 6:30 PM.
- Preschool instruction is embedded into the day.
- Children receive a morning and afternoon snack, and lunch is also provided.
- Monthly menus are available.
- Following lunch, an afternoon rest period takes place.
- Children have outdoor recess in the morning and afternoon.
- FKA is closed on New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving (2 days), Christmas (2 days), and 3 teacher work days.
Part-time Preschool/Mother’s Day Out
- Hours are 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM.
- Classes do not meet if the Conroe ISD schools are closed.
- FKA provides a morning snack and lunch.
- Monthly menus are available.
- Children have a morning outdoor recess time and an afternoon rest period.
- 2, 3, and 4 day options are available.
Schoolers Summer and School Holiday Program
- For students from Kindergarten-5th Grade
- Available only for siblings of current students and/or students who attended FKA during their preschool years
- Care is provided over the summer, as well as school holidays throughout the school year