SquareOne is a 6-week ministry for new moms that provides biblical encouragement and support during this critical time in their life.
Mondays beginning on October 17 – November 28 at 10:00 am in the Parlor Room.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why a Newborn Moms Ministry?
- To provide godly support to women in a time of critical need and offer biblical encouragement in their brand new role as mothers.
- To create community among new moms, both inside and outside your church, where they connect with and support one another.
- To offer intergenerational mentoring (Titus 2:3-5) and community building amongst different age groups at your church.
- To take advantage of a life transition when couples are open to input. As they expect and deliver their first child, life changes radically, and they (especially the women) seek information and support.
Who is this ministry for?
- New moms, both through adoption or biological birth, who have a child 6 months or younger at the time of the first gathering
What does a meeting look like?
- We have weekly 1.5-2 hour gatherings with a series of 7 topics (Introduction, Identity, Wisdom, Marriage, Stewardship, Family Relationships, Growth)
- Meetings will be held in a private room with access to a changing table and diaper genie. We want our moms to be comfortable coming as they are and encourage them to bring the items that make them comfortable for a 1-2 hour gathering (example: boppy pillow for nursing).
Why only first babies, 0-6 months?
- As the baby becomes more mobile, active, and noisy, it becomes more difficult for the mother to focus on listening or discussion unless the baby is in childcare.
- After that time, many life adaptations have been incorporated, and there is somewhat less need or openness to rebuilding a new way of life. The new family by 6 months has restructured into a way of life.
For more information – Valerie@thewoodlandsfirst.org
The Woodlands First seeks to be a faith family who lives at the intersection of God’s Grace and Truth.